Help Choose Our New Clubs/Teams!
For the new year, we’re hoping to make some new additions to the Bella Nova campus. If you’d like to see any clubs or sports teams added, please let us know here.
Oh no, that’s certainly not a dumb question. That section of the application is meant to be an in-character interview of sorts so that we have a chance of evaluating your character’s voice in the answers.
For that question, it’s merely asking how your character would deal with a string of lights that are completely tangled up. Where would they start? Would they have to prepare in anyway? Would they have a certain system? Try your best to pour their personality into the response.
Please unfollow these blogs due to inactivity:
Please unfollow these blogs due to personal reasons:
The following have a 24hr activity warning:
The following hiatuses expire in the coming days:
Welcome to Bella Nova, Diana Vincent!
We’re pleased to accept Elly for the role of Diana Vincent. Be sure to go over the acceptance checklist and we hope you enjoy your time here at BNU!
Welcome to Bella Nova, Riley Rockwell!
We’re pleased to accept Alex for the role of Riley Rockwell. Be sure to go over the acceptance checklist and we hope you enjoy your time here at BNU!
Welcome to Bella Nova, Ethan Steele!
We’re pleased to accept Kat for the role of Ethan Steele. Be sure to go over the acceptance checklist and we hope you enjoy your time here at BNU!
Bella Nova’s End of the Year Hiatus
Coming up, we’ll be experiencing a transition into the summer months for the university. As a roleplay that consistently follows real time, this stretch of months can often become a bit confusing as we switch over to the new semester in the fall. As admins, we’ll be putting the technical side of the roleplay on a short hiatus starting May 23rd (the final day of classes).
We promise — this does not prohibit or affect roleplaying on the dash in any way. Please, keep going as you would. This is merely for us to catch up on switching the grade levels of each character, updating graphics, and adding/removing portions of the roleplay that we wish to update.
You’re probably wondering why we’re announcing this more than a month in advance, but we would like everyone to be aware of what goes along with this sort of transition.
- Summer courses and internships are available. While we’d like to still classify students into their year levels during each fall semester, summer courses are available if you believe your character would like to take that extra initiative.
- Summer sports training starts in July. Those characters involved in fall sports that require a summer training session or conditioning, that routine will start in late July and require students to be on campus.
- Housing is year-round for Bella Nova. Though it may not be typical practice for some colleges, BN does offer year-round housing for full-time students. You do not have to participate in summer courses or a sports activity to apply for year-round housing.
- Considering a summer job. We’ll be adding some new locations to the on and off campus tour. Feel free to poke around and consider giving your character a small summer job to fill the time.
- Vacation! It’s common for some characters to travel home or even to a vacation destination and we definitely stand by your decision to do so. Just keep in mind the dash activity in that case. You can’t really have a one-on-one conversation with a character in San Diego if yours is in Bora Bora.
- You have two choices with seniors. Having a character in their final year poses two options to take: drop them or include them in the graduate program. If you are wishing to move them up to the graduate program but are unsure of what that entails, we’ll be happy to pull together some more thorough information on that front — just ask! This also means that the character will be moved into a different housing category. You may also wish to drop the character as their future endeavors would send them towards a different location other than Bella Nova. That’s completely understandable and we’re prepared for that options as well. While that character will be archived and retired, we can’t promise to do the same with face claims. (While it may not be as common, there is also the option of them becoming a ‘super senior’ by not earning enough credits for graduation. If this peaks your interest, feel free to discuss that with us as well!)
- Now is a great time to drop any other characters. If you’ve been unsure about hanging onto a character lately, this is a great time to make the executive decision of dropping them. While we’re honestly sorry to see any characters go, it happens, and this transition offers up a smooth opportunity to do so. Though, the same warning goes out with this as well — canon biographies may be reopened.
- Clubs/teams/Greek changes can be made for the new year. Part of our updating system will be to refresh the clubs and teams offered at Bella Nova. This is the time to have your characters drop any clubs that you feel they may not be so interested in anymore or pick up ones that you’ve always wanted to explore. (Protip: This is really handy for making new connections). We’ll work on getting a new list of those clubs and teams out by the end of next week so that you can start mulling over the choices.
- Pick-up a new character! If you’ve dropped one or even if you’re just in the market for a fresh character to play, we’ll be releasing a lot of new biographies over the summer for you to choose from and updating some older ones that haven’t gotten much attention in the past. While we will require the same application process as always, take a chance and go into this transition with some new creative ideas.
- Don’t be shy to make suggestions. Whether it be for characters, face claims, events, clubs, teams, or any other updates to the roleplay — let us know! We’re very open to collaborating and hearing what you think could possibly help Bella Nova to grow for this next year.
Character Update Form
In the coming weeks, we’ll be posting a ‘character update form’ that will have all of these options listed. We ask that you send one our way, whether you plan to make changes or not. From there, we’ll release a date when all changes go into effect. I